Spain's Great Match NY21
Foods and wines from Spain and Alimentos de España are pleased to host the 27th Annual Spain’s Great Match, an annual event in which American importers and distributors of wines present the latest vintages of the Spanish wines in their portfolio to wine industry professionals and consumers highlighting more than 300 wines from leading producers.
Join us for the country’s largest Spanish cultural celebration, for wine novices and connoisseurs alike, discover Spain’s wine, food, and design at the Mercado Little Spain. From the lush green and rugged mountains of the north to the castle-flecked Meseta and azure Mediterranean coast, Spain’s wine offers something for everyone.
A veritable love letter to Spain, Mercado Little Spain, was created by José Andrés and the Adrià brothers as an “all-day destination for the very best of Spanish food, drink, and culture.” Inspired by the food halls and markets of Spain, Mercado Little Spain is located at 10 Hudson Yards in New York City. From tapas and churros to Ibérico ham and pintxos, Spanish flavors take center stage in this incredibly ambitious project.
This year, 100% of ticket proceeds will go to World Central Kitchen. Founded by José Andrés, the charity concentrates on using the power of food to nourish communities and strengthen economies during times of crisis and beyond -- a cause close to the hearts of the hospitality industry and one that has made a significant difference to many during Covid.
Spain's Great Match will feature robust importer/winery portfolio stations, regional tours, educational seminars, and food and wine pairing challenges featuring top tier sommeliers of the east coast. Learn about the most important and lesser-known exciting Spanish grape varieties and regions while tasting your way through Spain or by attending one or more of the tasting seminars.
- Walk around tastings
- Master Sommelier-led wine seminars
- Master Sommelier-led mini regional tours
- Sommelier food and wine pairing challenges
- Gin & tonic bar
- Media lounge & IGTV studio
- Live art installation
Check out the complete Great Match 2021 Schedule:
Monday, November 15, 2021
- 11:00am - 12:30pm | Trade & Press Seminar 1, led by Master Sommeliers
- 12:30pm - 4:30pm | Trade & Press Tasting
- 1:00pm - 2:00 pm | Mini Regional Tour 1, led by Master Sommeliers
- 1:30pm - 2:30pm | Trade & Press Seminar 2, led by Master Sommeliers
- 2:00pm - 3:00 pm | Mini Regional Tour 2, led by Master Sommeliers
- 3:00pm - 4:00 pm | Mini Regional Tour 3, led by Master Sommeliers
- 3:30pm - 4:30pm | Trade & Press Seminar 3, led by Master Sommeliers
- 5:45pm - 6:30pm | Evening Public Seminar: Spanish Cheese & Wines That Love Them, led by Master Sommeliers
- 6:00pm - 7:00pm | VIP Evening Access
- 7:00pm - 9:30pm | Evening Public Tasting
- 7:30pm - 8:30pm |Mini Regional Tour 4, led by Master Sommeliers
*All trade and media events are complimentary– RSVP required. Please bring a business card.
**Proof of vaccination and valid ID required for entry.
Trade Commission of Spain in New York
405 Lexington Avenue 47th Floor, New York, NY 10174
Phone: 00 (1) (212) 6614959
10 Hudson Yards
United States Of America
00 (1) (212) 6614959
Who we are
Spain Food Nation
Pº de la Castellana 278 - 28046 Madrid